Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY

What's more American than GOATS!?
7/07/14
Hola Familia!
What a week!! It really has been so. so. amazing. Can I just say how much I love being a missionary? Really. So I don't know if I've actually used his name... so here we go... Miguel is getting baptized on Saturday!!!! Remember our ongoing miracle?? Yeah. He is so ready. Everything is just falling into place so perfectly. Like how he came to another baptismal service on Saturday that the Hermana's had, and President Mortensen came! And President and Miguel had a nice chat about some of his questions and concerns. Hm.. that's the best member present lesson I could ask for! Also, he had his interview, and Elder Morgart was just… blown away. Then immediately after the bishop interviewed him and he was just amazed as well. He is so ready. It is crazy because last week we had really been praying to know if we should move his date back a few weeks, but he took us to dinner on Friday and we just had a nice talk and he bore his testimony to us. He shared how much he feels like he has changed, and I can promise you that I have seen it. I have seen the Atonement of Jesus Christ work in his life. I can't express how blessed I feel to just be the messenger. This is truly the Lord's work, and I am so grateful to have my little part in it. I will tell more of his story next week, but please keep him in your prayers this week! 
Also, huge miracle! So we got a call from the Elders in the ward giving us a referral. Not just any referral. But one that has been being taught by the Hermana's in Austin.. she just got married(which is why she moved to Houston)... and is now ready to get baptized. Oh. Okay it's fine. We went and met with her and she is so incredible!! She loves the Book of Mormon and she has seen a huge change in her life through it. Originally her boyfriend (now spouse) was against her meeting with the missionaries, but he too saw a change in her and now he is interested in learning more too! Wow. Mission miracles. We joked that it was our Arturo replacement because he left for Washington. Good thing all us missionaries are on the same team. Crazy thing too, one of her missionaries in Austin is Hermana Marissa Eggbert!! What are the chances. 
This week we also had the chance to go to the introduction conference for the Mortensen's!! They are incredible. Seriously. They are such a darling family and he is awesome. He has really got some great ideas and revelations for the mission. Changes are tough, but changes are good. And I think they are going to be so great for this area.
Things are going so good here in Aldine. We are so blessed and we are just seeing more and more miracles. Like Santiago who chased us down the street... it's a good thing though because he told him he felt like he should talk to us because he hasn't had a beer in 6 days and is so determined to really change his life and felt like we could help him do it. Well sir, I can't, but I know someone who can and we just happen to be here representing him. I love being a missionary. I am so grateful for this message of hope that we share. 
I love you all so very much! I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!! Don't forget to just trust in the Lord, replace fear with faith, and it will all work out. :)
los quiero,
Hermana Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment