Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ADIOS FAMILIA PINGREE! HASTA VER

The temple at 5:40 in the morning!
6/30/14
Hola Familia!!
Well. What a week it has been! So full of great, great things. Except the bird that kamakazi attacked me. But other than that, I can't complain. :) The Pingree's go home this week :( so we had one last grand hurrah. We all got to go to the temple with them, and then have specialized training in the temple afterwards with President Pingree and President Crane (the Houston temple president). Needless to say, it was a very special experience. It doesn't matter how many times I go to the temple, it is always so overwhelming the true love of the Lord that I feel. I know that the temple is his house. I know it is the place that we can truly access the fullness of his enabling power that we clearly need in these days. Well I attached a picture and you might wonder why it is so dark? Our session was at six in the morning... and we live an hour from the temple. We were a bit tired that day, but it was so full of miracles!! One of them is that we had another lesson with the young family that we started teaching! They are still reading in the Book of Mormon and we had an awesome plan of salvation lesson. Our ward mission leader came with us and really shared a lot of experiences about how the gospel has blessed him in his young family as well and I think it really helped them see how it all applies. At the end, he offered the Hermana a blessing, since she is due any day now, and it was incredible. Afterwards she was just crying and said how hard it has been since she they are all alone up here in the states. All of her family is in Mexico, but with that blessing she felt that they weren't alone, but that God really was there with them and that it was all going to be okay. I am so grateful for the priesthood! To know that God has really entrusted his power to worthy men to act in his name!
Also this week I got to be an English missionary for a day! My dream came true! And it was so fun. It was the first exchange that Hermana Zabriskie and I got to conduct as sister training leaders, and it went so well! Both of the English sisters in our zone are poly, and they are so so sweet. P.S. exchange just means we switch companions for 24 hours, so I got to go work in the English ward for the day. The sister I was with is so incredible. She honestly loves the work. She is relatively new to the mission, so it was fun to see her realize that she really could lead her area and that she could rely on the Lord to lead her area :) because we were trying to tract some referrals that they had received a while back. It was a large list, but she really felt strongly about a name, even though it was kind of far away. Well, we went for it... and found out the lady doesn't live there anymore. But no fears, because there is a promise in Preach my Gospel that a referral will always lead you to someone prepared, and the young man who answered the door... definitely fit that category. He was so humble and looking for a church that would help him get back on the right path. We talked about the restoration, but really focused on the Atonement. It is jut amazing to see that light that turns on as people begin to realize just how powerful the cleansing power is. It doesn't matter how far you have strayed off, with trust in the Lord, you can ALWAYS find your way back.
I love this gospel with all my heart. I love being a missionary. I am going to miss the Pingree's so much! I am so grateful for the many many things I have learned from them. I know that President has truly changed the lives of so many, especially for his constant focus on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is truly the core of all we do and teach as missionaries, and he always made sure we remembered that. One of my favorite scriptures is "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." (2 Nephi 22:2)
Trust in the Lord, replace fear with faith, and it is all going to be okay. :)
I love you!! Happy fourth of July!!!!
los quiero,
Hermana Draper
 

No comments:

Post a Comment