Tuesday, July 29, 2014

el momento de ir vino ya...

 Doing baptisms for the dead with Carla
 Family Home Evening with the Juarez and the Mendez family
Leslie's Baptism


7/28/14
Hola Familia!!
Pues mis queridos.... this was really the fastest week of my whole entire mission. of my whole entire life. But I could not have asked for a more incredible week. I just wish I could express how much I love the Mendez Perez family... but I don't think words quite do it justice. This week was so incredibly special for them, and I am so grateful I could spend it with them. We had really been trying to get them some good fellow shippers, because Leslie was still nervous to go to primary alone. Well, who better than the amazing Juarez family. Also, Hna. Juarez was the yw leader when Carla was baptized, so they already had a good relationship. Well we had planned to have a family home evening with the two families, and it went so well! We had a fun activity, and a delicious dinner :) All of the kids got along, and it was so fun to see how they just took them in. It went so well... that we had another dinner the next night… because Hermano Juarez wanted to throw a party for me. Full of the most delicious enchiladas, mango raspas, blue bell ice cream banana splits and aqua de fresa. But more importantly, the spirit was so incredibly strong during the message. We had decided to share the restoration again, since it was the day before Leslie's baptism. When we quoted the first vision we had everyone close their eyes and put themselves in Joseph Smith's position. It is so true. We have such an incredibly loving Heavenly Father, that answers the humblest of prayers. We had a brief testimony about why the restoration of the gospel is important in their lives and sweet little Leslie just said "so we can be with God and our families for forever". As simple as that. Well then we made it to Saturday and it was incredible. It actually started off at the temple with Carla. It was the first time she had been to the temple to do baptisms for the dead since she was a beehive. Miguel was also planning on coming, and had requested work off, until the last moment that his boss said his project had to be done by Monday.. But it was so amazing to just be there with her. It has been such a blessing to see her grow just from the time that we met. On the car ride back we were talking about missions and all my friends out on foreign missions. We were talking about how cool it would be, but I told her that I wouldn't trade my mission for anything. God knew that this is exactly where I needed to be at this time. I wouldn't have been able to meet these amazing people! And she responded "and we never would have come back to church!". Well, I know it wasn't me that brought her back, but I am such a very thankful instrument. I am so thankful that the Lord could use me in his work in this part of his vineyard. Then later on in the day we had Leslie's baptism!! It was honestly the smoothest baptism ever. I had to keep looking at the pictures to believe it really all happened. There were so many awesome members there to support Leslie. But there were even more less actives and part member families! Most of the family had gone inactive a few years after they had been baptized, so this baptism was one of their first interactions with the church in years! The spirit was so strong and all the talks went so great. In Leslie's confirmation blessing, he mentioned that she would preach the gospel to her family, and I have already seen huge evidence of that. She is truly a catalyst to help a lot of people to return to activity, and receive those eternal blessings that are promised to families!! I love them so much and I am so excited to see the chain reaction in that family. OH did I mention that her dad did find the church in Mexico? And when he went in, discovered that one of his good friends is a member?? Wow. It's like it's the work of the Lord, or something. So they are going to be going to church together every week, and he is going to sit with him in the lessons. I feel a 2015 temple trip coming up :)
Yesterday, the Bishop also gave me the pleasure of giving a talk. Well, the assigned speakers didn't come. :) But I was so happy to be able to speak on one of the best topics of the gospel. "families can be together forever". What better news is that?? I was thinking about the little phrase how a missionary leaves their family for a short time, so others can be together forever. But I realized, yes. I have been away from my incredible family for... a while... but it was only to come out and find even more of my brothers and sisters. God intends for ALL of his family to be together again, not just out immediate, earthly ones. I am so grateful for this work of salvation, and I am even more grateful to know that it doesn't end when I take off my plaque. It's a calling of a life time, and I can't wait to see how I can continue to be an instrument in the hands of him! I know that this is the path to true, everlasting happiness. I love my Savior Jesus Christ for having shown us exactly how to take it. I know that as we trust in him and replace fear with faith, it all going to work out. I love you so so so much. See you soon! :)

los quiero demasiado,
Hermana Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment