Tuesday, July 29, 2014

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I LOVE TO BE A MISSIONARY!!!

 On exchange and yes, with a self timer!
 Maria Lopez. Oh, Maria Lopez. She told us last week that she was thinking about quitting this whole Mormon thing and going back to Catholic... then she remembered how good she felt when she got the Holy Ghost and she said she just couldn't give that up. So she is staying... phew!!
eight of the eleven Noria children. I love this family.

6/16/14
Hola Familia!
Wow. What a fantastic week. Seriously I love being a missionary. So many miracles. And we just found out, we are both staying!! So I will be finishing my mission in the beautiful land of Aldine :) But I seriously cannot wait for this transfer because the Lord has got so many great things in the works! So yesterday we had five investigators at church!! The Mendez family is officially reactivated and they are doing so good! They are reading the Book of Mormon every day together, saying their prayers, and even though they had a special Skype scheduled with their dad that's in Mexico yesterday, they at least made it for sacrament before. Now we are just getting Leslie ready for the big day! Also, Miguel has just been the greatest on-going miracle. He is so solid and so incredibly prepared. We had an amazing lesson with him this past week, and every time he shares experiences I can just see how the Lord has been preparing him for this moment in his life to receive the fullness of the gospel. And it is so cool that he recognizes that. He is so grateful that the Lord put us in his path at this time so that he could be ready. He also was able to come to the baptism this past weekend and he loved it. He is so determined to read the Book of Mormon and receive his own witness of its truthfulness, so he too can take that big step of faith with confidence. Yesterday, he even brought his mom and his son to church with him, and both of them loved it as well! We are meeting with them tonight and teaching the plan of salvation, and I can't wait! This past week we also went on exchanges! And I finally got to go to the Heights! It is a cute little area right by downtown Houston, and I got to serve with my baby Hermana Miller again! We had some awesome lessons and experiences. But then a lot fell through and we found ourselves knocking around in a different area. We were about to go back to the car when we saw some guys down the street a bit. We really try to talk with everyone in our path, because they are there for a reason, so we walked down to talk to them. As we approached he shouted, "ya'll latter-day saints??"... okay. no one ever asks us that. They either say Mormons… or Jehovah's witnesses. We said yeah and he explained that he's been wanting to come to our church because he's seen it on TV... he also has wanted to read our book… okay. It's fine. What if we hadn't walked down to talk to him??
Well… there is so so much more I want to say… but the library is super busy and the computer is about to kick me off. Just know that the church is so true. And we can all know it by reading the Book of Mormon and praying. And the blessings that come from that knowledge and acting on it are infinite!! This past week as a zone we read all of preach my gospel in a week searching for how we ourselves can be spiritually awakened and also how we help others in the process and we came to the conclusion of five steps. We have to humble ourselves and realize our need to change, then we have to go to the word of God, we have to have a facilitator, we have to act in faith, and then rely on the spirit. I wish I could explain it more eloquently right now, but I invite you all to read Enos with that in mind. It will bless you I promise!
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! Remember to replace fear with faith! The Lord is always there with His hands stretched out; we just have to act in faith to accept His love and help.
los quiero,
Hermana Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment