Friday, March 7, 2014

LOTS OF LOVE :)

 A gas station where "everybody knows your name"! This is J.T. We've gotten to be quite good buddies with the gas station attendant! he always gives us free water because we "work for Jesus". We love him.

2/17/14
Hola Familia!
Well... first off, I just want to say how incredibly grateful I am to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows our needs perfectly! Everything truly happens for a reason. This past week has been incredible. I can't count how many times I thought to myself "this is why I am still here in Katy". I know that there are specific things that our Heavenly Father intends for Hermana Townsend and I to experience and accomplish together! And maybe I just needed a nice little whirlwind to be reminded of that, and be grateful for the moments we do have!
Well, with that... We have been having some amazing experiences with some of our new investigators, but also with some past investigators too! I don't know if I mentioned last week, but we are teaching a new family that is super… into their religion. Well we taught the restoration, and we also watched the restoration video with them, then this past week we read the introduction to the Book of Mormon with them and talked a bit about how important it is to us! The kids of the family had a million questions, especially regarding doctrine in their church, and we were able to show them how the Book of Mormon clarifies those plain and precious things that have been misinterpreted. The mom was also very excited to read and they really seemed to understand the importance of them doing their part if they want to know if it is true.
We also had some awesome lessons with the ‘missionaries’ sister! We were planning on teaching her about tithing and how obedience brings blessings, but then at the last moment we felt really impressed that we should talk about the plan again and explain a bit about temples, since she has been asking lots of questions regarding that. Well the lesson was a bit all over the place, but it was so incredibly powerful. The whole time we just talked about how loving our Heavenly Father is and that's why He created this absolutely perfect plan for us. Way back before the creation His love was so deep and that's why there was a creation, but also more importantly a Savior prepared for us. Then just going through to how He loves all of His children so much that even those who died without fully accepting the gospel still have a chance!! And then how we have temples so that we can serve these people who can't serve themselves in that way anymore. And then how we also have temples because He loves us enough that we can be with our families for forever. It is all just because of love. It makes the world go around!! Literally. But it was awesome because she was so open with her questions and a lot of things really seemed to click, like the importance of this first step of baptism, but how it is just the FIRST STEP. We have such a greater purpose, so many blessing waiting us after we take that step of faith! 
Also, one of the biggest miracles was that after three months of not seeing him, we finally saw one of our past investigators... who is so incredibly prepared. That was one of the very specific moments that I knew why I had to stay, and I was so happy to see him and set up another time to visit!! Well... I just have a million little stories I want to share, but I just feel like emails just don't do them justice... so just know that things here are going great.
Thank you so much for your prayers! And please keep praying that we can be lead to those that are prepared, and also that our members will be able to recognize their friends and family that are prepared and invite them to learn more! I love being a missionary. This church is so true. I finished reading Doctrine and Covenants yesterday in Spanish and I just want to say that I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. I know that he was called in these last days to restore the FULLNESS of the truth because our loving Heavenly Father didn't want us to be left in darkness or confusion. I know that this is the true church of God that is lead by a living Prophet who has been called of God, and that when we follow his council (which is really God's council) we will find the most REAL happiness... happiness that lasts for forever!!!
Well.. I'll step off my soapbox. But I truly love this gospel. It is perfect. It is hard, but it is so worth it.
Have a wonderful, wonderful day. Replace fear with faith. I love you all!!
les quiero,
Hermana Draper
 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment