Tuesday, September 17, 2013

bienvedndios a westgreen!

Bed time stories! The Three Little Kittens... 
With Hermana Miller and Driesel.
(Thanks Jill for the book!)
9/02/13
Hola Familia!! Well, surprise of the week... I'm not in the Woodlands anymore!! This past week we had transfers, and unexpectedly, since me Hermana Driesel and Miller only had one transfer together, I got transfered out!! I am now in el barrio de Westgreen in the city of Katy! It's funny in my other area the east border was the east border of the mission, and close to the north. Well, now in Westgreen the south border of our ward is the south border of the mission! Exact opposites, but it is so great here! The past week has been so crazy, but so amazing at the same time!
So to catch you up on my last few days in the Woodlands, which were amazing! Well, super cool story. We had received a referral a few months ago for a family from Honduras that had just moved in. We had knocked there a bunch of times, always a different person to answer and none had really seemed too interested. Well, on Monday night during planning Hermana Driesel said that she felt that we really needed to try that apartment the next day. As we were walking up to knock she literally said the words "Heavenly Father, I'm not sure why we are here, but help us know!". Well then this new person answered the door, and she invited us right in! We talked for a minute and she had just gotten to the states, and that she had visited with the missionaries down in Honduras! It was so amazing. We reviewed some stuff and gave her another Book of Mormon and a pamphlet since it had been a while since she had met with them, and we set up another appointment for the next day. When we went back she had read the whole pamphlet and the whole chapter that we left for her (Alma 32) and she had questions!! It was amazing! I am so excited to hear how she progresses and will for sure keep praying for her!
That night we got the call that I was leaving... then Wednesday was the most action packed, awesome day so far. There was this inactive member in our ward that I have literally been trying to have a lesson with my whole time there, we saw her once or twice but she never had time, or wasn't home. Well, a few days earlier we had seen her, and she agreed to set up an appointment!! So finally after four and a half months of trying, on my very last day in the area we had a lesson with her!!! God is so good. Unfortunately, she had stopped going to church a few years back, and actually decided she doesn't believe in God anymore... and she was very set in her ways with that. But we were still able to have a great lesson, and just pray that her heart will be softened again! Then the day just picked up speed after that. We had nine different lessons and it was so awesome. We also stopped by, for lunch, at the cupcake shack that I have been wanting to try for the whole time there... Pumpkin cream cheese cupcakes, and brownies with caramel praline sauce... (my comps said calories don't count on your last day in the area, it's like you birthday!) So Erin, I have a challenge to find an amazing caramel praline sauce... the south has converted me. Also, our last lesson of the night was with one of our menos activos (only because she is on perma bed rest, and can't go to church) la familia Lobo. They are really something else. We had an awesome lesson with Jose, who lives with them, and then a nice last reading in the Book of Mormon with Hermana Lobo… and when I gave her a kiss (don't worry, it's a hispanic thing, everyone kisses everyone on the cheek) she cried. Aw man. I just love that lady. I guess it is just hard to explain leaving an area. It is like leaving your family before your mission, but different because you don't know if you will ever see them again... Hasta vernos con el Rey!
So it was a little hard leaving, but at the same time, that night I was so excited because I knew that there were other people in the city of Houston that needed me now! So that is where I am at. My companion is Hermana Tanner. She is from Salt Lake... went to Skyline... and get this, she went to Ballet West Academy!! Yeah crazy right, she joined the year that I left! Such a small world. But she is amazing, and a ginger. She is also waiting for a visa to go to Argentina Buenos Aires South! (so hopefully I get used to the area fast...) But this area is so awesome! And I can tell it has sooo much potential! And also, Hermana Woodward (my MTC companion) is serving in the same ward!! So I get to see her a lot which is super fun.
Well, my very first night here was great! I know this email is already ridiculously long, and since it is Labor Day we are in the family history center since all the libraries and offices are closed, we are all here! I have to wrap up, but already there have been so many miracles!! from Thursday night to Sunday night we had twenty one lessons and found seven new investigators!! Seriously! This area is lighting up!
One awesome story is we were heading to a lesson, but we still had about twenty minutes before it was supposed to start, and Hermana Tanner said there was a house on the road over that she has wanted to try. Well, we go over there and there are two kids out in the street roller bladeing (always a good sign) and the little girl asked if we wanted her to call her mom, well her mom came out (and she is stunning, may I add) and we introduced ourselves. She asked if we wanted to come in and of course we accepted (even though we only had about fifteen minutes before our next appointment). Well, we taught the restoration, the fastest and I think the clearest I have ever taught it, and she loved it! She said it is something she has been looking for in her life and she would love for us to come back and keep teaching her. She agreed to read in the 3 Nefi 11 before our next visit, which is tomorrow and I am super excited to teach her!!
There are so many amazing people that God has prepared to receive this great gospel! We just have to listen to him to find them! Then one more thing; we have an investigator who is going to be baptized on the 22 de Septiembre! We had a brief lesson with him, but he is amazing. He has so much faith in Jesus Christ! He is twenty three, and so great!
Well, I really have got to go, but I hope that you all have a great day and week! I love you so very much and thank you for the love and support! If you feel the desire to write me, my new address is...
2150 Katy Fort Bend Rd. #215
Katy, TX 77493
Remember who you are and all you stand for! God is so good! Reemplace miedo con fe!
les quiero demasiado,
Hermana Draper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment