Sunday, August 4, 2013

"IT'S A GIRL"



Hermana Draper and Hermana Glauser walked by this street every day!

Hermana Draper with her new companions Hermana Miller
and Hermana Driesel with Elisa's horse.


7/22/13

Hola Familia!
WOW. What a week it has been. My, oh my. The Lord certainly knows what He is doing! Well, to answer your questions, (and address the title of this email) I AM A TRAINER!! Well, kind of. It has been crazy, but so fun. So here is how it went down. The beginning of last week, me and Hermana Glauser were still together, and it was awesome! We had dinner over at Elisa's, and one thing about the Hispanic culture is that it makes them so happy to see you eat their food. So we go over and start eating tacos. There is a huge pan full of this amazing hamburger meat, and a stack of tortillas... after about three I was full... Oh, but they kept bringing out the fresh homemade tortillas... and they kept coming... and we said we were full... and still they gave us more… eleven tacos later I thought I was going to die. But you know I can't say I didn't enjoy it :)
Well, we got the call on Tuesday that Hermana Glauser was leaving the area, but we didn't hear anything else, so we just assumed we were just getting companions that had already been out. The next day, our last day went great, then at the end of the night we got a call from the AP's asking if we would be willing to train!! And also, we would be in trios! So Hermana Glauser got sent off to open a new area with a companion that came out the same transfer as me, and to train a nueva! Then I would be staying to "take over the area" and then get a comp that has been out a few more transfers than me, and we would train a nueva together! And it really has been so great! It has been a huge learning experience. My companions are Hermana Driesel from Cuna, Idaho and Hermana Miller from Layton. They are both so amazing!! Hermana Miller is also 19 and she did a year at BYU. She lived in Heritage but we  have a lot of mutual friends. Crazy! She is amazing. She already knows so much Spanish and she is so incredibly prepared. Likewise, Hermana Driesel is an incredible missionary, and the most loving person ever.
But anyway, this past week has been the biggest learning experience. I'll admit, Wednesday night I was freaking out. Okay, not freaking out, but just anxious. I was praying so hard that I could really replace all my fears with faith, because I knew there was absolutely no way that I could do it without the Lord's help. After that I just had the most calming feeling that it was going to be okay and that as long as we really were willing to let go and let Him be the one to take over the area, it was all going to work out exactly how He wants it to. From day one with  Hermana Miller and Driesel here we saw so so many miracles. Past investigators we hadn't seen in forever that were willing to have us come in and teach a lesson again, members who were eager to give referrals, and many new people that we have found just walking in the street! It is true that each missionary has individual people that need them specifically. They just needed to wait for those missionaries to get here and find them.
One amazing experience that we had with finding was on Saturday night. It was the end of the day and we had been knocking around the apartment complex for quite some time. It was time to head home and as we were walking back to our car, we saw this lady walking down the street with her daughter. Of course we headed over to talk to her. We just stated our purpose and asked if she would be willing to hear more, she said yes and we set up an appointment for the next day, yesterday. Well, we went over yesterday and the lesson was incredible. She lives in an apartment, but the only furniture she has is one bed and a table with 3 chairs (so me and Hermana Miller shared..). We shared the Restoration and how we know that God is aware of us no matter what situation we are in, and really focused on how the gospel blesses families. We mentioned how we knew it was no coincidence that we met her last night, and she started crying. She said that she just wants the best for her daughter. So that she can grow up and find the same comfort in the Lord that she has received in Christ. She was so thankful that we shared what we did and she is so eager to learn more. She is so prepared to receive the gospel, and did I mention that her daughter is eight years old? It was just such an amazing lesson where the Spirit was so strong.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a missionary. I am so grateful for the Lord and how He directs His work. I know that when we are willing to follow His will, He will do what is best! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL. Man, oh man. So just reemplace miedo con fe. Because with God, everything is possible!!
Les Quiero,
Hermana Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment