Monday, May 27, 2013

"Just talked to you yesterday..."

The day after Mother's Day.....

 TEMPLE DAY!!

 The Zone at the Temple
 

  • long time, no talk, eh?‏
5/13/13
Hola Familia!! Well... it's been about 12 hours since we last talked... but I guess I can find something to share. :) Well Scott complained that I need to share more stories, so I will try and be better at that! It was interesting because my companion and I were talking about how we never know what stories to share because there are miracles that are happening all the time out here that they are often taken for granted, or not acknowledged. Which is no bueno. So some things that happened this past week.
Last monday, since p-day ends at 6, we were finding in a trailer area and we came across a lady who is probably in her mid-twenties. She has a husband and a young baby. We introduced our selves and pretty much right off the bat she said, do you baptize? She said that she had wanted to be baptized (not into Mormonism in specific) because she never had been, and wanted to find a church that would be good to raise her son in. Well. Imagine our excitement when we very first meet a person and they already want to be baptized and go to church! We explained to her that we don't baptize children until they are 8, and she totally understood, and we talked about the restoration. She was so interested and really wanted the missionaries to come back and keep teaching her!! It is amazing how God really does prepare those people to receive the word! Unfortunately... as always… she speaks English, so we had to refer her to the English missionaries. But we will be keeping her in our prayers because she is so ready! Then that night… (since it was p-day) we were carrying in a few gallons of water that we had bought at the store earlier (because Texas tap water is not Utah tap water, or as my companion would argue it is not Washington water). Anyway, I was tired and didn't want to make multiple trips, so I have multiple jugs in my arms... as we got in the door and I tried to close it, one of the jugs slipped out from under my arm and exploded open on the floor of our entry... Thank heavens my companion is an extremely patient person... as we attempted to mop up the whole gallon of water that was on the ground. *picture included* …
Another awesome thing from this week is that we got to go to the Houston Temple!!! That is definitely a perk of having a temple in your mission. We get the chance to go once every transfer. It is such a comfort to be able to go and really just feel at peace and feel God's love. After a pretty stressful few weeks, it was nice to be able to have that escape for a few hours to be there. As I sat there though I just kept thinking of people, like our investigators for example, that I want so badly to be there with me. It is such a great blessing!! I was thinking about what Bob Haight had said to me just before I came out about how we really need to focus missionary work not just on getting people to the waters of baptism, but also to the temple!! Well. Yes. Then another story. So we were out finding, and then we were supposed to have a dinner appointment so we headed for the car, and then we needed to find a gas station to use a restroom. So we were driving in a different direction than normal and we saw a little area of trailers that we hadn't noticed before! We went to the gas station, and then since we had a little time to spare before dinner we wanted to just knock a few trailers in that area. The first man we talked to wasn't too interested, but he told us that nearly every trailer had Spanish speakers!! So we went over and talked to a man washing his car and he started as many conversations do.. "soy catolico".. that means I am Catholic. Well we kept on talking and we introduced the Book of Mormon and he started to seem a bit more interested. Then Hermana Glauser shared a scripture in 3rd Nephi about how we are imprinted on his hands and it was almost as if a light switched on. He had to continue with his chores, but we set up a time for tomorrow with his family and he really emphasized how we need to make sure we call to remind him so that they will all be there. As some of the missionaries call in our mission.. this would be a "miracle bladder story" because if we hadn't been going to the gas station we might not have seen those trailers!!! So we keep praying that we might be able to help him feel the spirit and really realize the blessing this will be for him and his family! God has a mysterious way of putting us on the path to find those who are ready to receive his word. I am so grateful for this opportunity to share it! La iglesia es verdadera! Dios es muy amoroso! Te quiero muchisimo. Y tenga una buenisima dia. REEMPLAZE MIEDO CON FE. porque Dios siempre tiene un GRAN plan. :)
Te Quiero,
Hermana Draper




·         FW: mother how art thou...?‏

Suzie Draper
5/13/13
Hey mama! It was so good to talk to you yesterday. :) One thing that I was going to tell you that I didn't because I was trying really hard not to cry was a little blessing from the temple this past week. I don't really know how to share this over email but I just wanted to say that I now know that God really does send his angels to lift us up. I know that even when you might not be right here, Grandma and Grandpa Rogers are. I just had that impression in the temple and thought I should share it with you. At night I always snuggle pooh bear a little tighter, how grateful I am that I brought him! :) But I love you so much. Thank you for all the amazing things that you do.
Te Amo, Hermana Draper




So sad.... spilled water.

No comments:

Post a Comment