Monday, May 27, 2013

HOLA!



5/6/2013
  • HOLLAAAA‏
Wow. Its been a week already?? I can hardly believe that! It has been a great week though. A lot... like a lot of knocking doors but we have been able to also get a lot of return appointments! It is just key to talk to everyone and you always hear an interesting story. Texas truly is in the Bible belt. I haven't met a single person down here who doesn't believe in God and Jesus Christ. Sure their beliefs might be a little different.. but everyone loves God. Well at least those I have met so far! And it is great! I'm trying to think of what has happened the past week.. a lot of conversations where I catch about every 10th word.. but that's okay. Spanish is coming.. I just have really learned how much I have to rely on the spirit that I might say something somewhat related to the topic. It is funny because a lot of the Spanish speakers we talk to initially are so confused why these two white blonde girls are talking about Jesus in Spanish... but I guess it just shows the power of God!
One cool miracle we had this past week, so we had originally had appointments with investigators at 7 and at 8 and within a short time both of them cancelled! We weren't sure what to do because in our area it isn't really smart to go finding after dark, so we prayed and shortly after an Hermana in our ward called us and asked if she could make us food and have one of her friends over that we had taught a few times but had been really hard to get in contact with!! at 8:00!! How awesome is that? The power of prayer. And the lesson went really well and we are going over again tonight to teach again! The work is moving right along. I am loving it down here. The members in our ward are incredible. They are so willing to help out and reach out to those who are having a tough time, even if it is the missionaries! I am gaining a better understanding that with God all things are possible. So just reemplaze miedo con fe!
Te Quiero, Hermana Draper

P.S. I pray for you every night. D&C 100 is the best and I know that God is looking over you all. We just need to trust in him. soooooo reemplaze miedo con fe.
te quiero muchisimo. muchisimo. muchisimo.
su gatito.... hermana draper.

No comments:

Post a Comment