Friday, April 5, 2013

WEEK THREE AND ALL IS WELL!!!


 The District Sister's "FAMILY" Portrait!


#3
4 April 2013
Hola Familia!
I honestly can't believe it is p-day already!! It's so true, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I'm over the hill at the MTC, and I can hardly believe that in three weeks I will out in the field! This past week has been truly remarkable. Easter in the MTC was amazing. From the pictures you sent it looked like you guys had a riot too! I guess I just had a totally different experience and since it was Fast Sunday, there was so much meaning behind the holiday for me this year.
Sunday they did an MTC wide sacrament meeting which was really something. Everyone had bets on which General Authority would speak (which I guess is one of those #thingsmissionariessay) and it ended up being the Presiding Bishop, Bishop Causse! One thing I loved that he said is that a lot of people question the Church on why they would trust such an important task, such as missionary work, in the hands of such young kids. But he said it is because of the Atonement. Because as it says in Ether, our weak things are made strong, so even though we may lack experience, we have the Lord on our side constantly strengthening us. Later in the day we had our zone testimony meeting, since it was fast Sunday, and Bishop Causse and President Nalley (the MTC President) attended my Zones meeting! So I had the chance to bear my testimony, in Spanish, to those two! That night, for our Sunday devotional, Sheri Dew came! In case you didn't know, (Mom, I know you know this) I love Sheri Dew! She has not had an easy life, and it was so cool to see how she has been able to find complete comfort in the Atonement. The ultimate message of her talk was that the power of the Atonement is far reaching. It isn't limited to deep sins, although those are a big part, but Luke 4:8 says that He came to heal the broken hearted, the bruised, the captive (which can mean a lot of things), and to heal the wounded soul. He loves us so much and if we will turn to Him, He can help us no matter where we are at. Sister Dew's talk was amazing and it made me really happy because a bunch of Elders were saying they were bummed at first that it was a woman speaker -___- but then they were actually really impressed. Way to represent sisters, Sheri! Then to top off the whole amazing Easter, on Sunday nights they play Church films and my district chose to watch the "Characteristics of Christ" by Elder Bednar and he told us that the natural man is like the cookie monster... "me want cookie now"... and how as missionaries we tend to be cookie monster missionaries "me want Spanish now… me want investigator." But all in all, it's not about us at all. He literally said the line "get over yourself". To put it even more in perspective, that Spanish isn't even my purpose; it is just helping me fulfill my purpose in inviting others to come unto Christ.
Well, I think that sums up my amazing Sunday. Other than that, it’s been pretty much all the same. We wake up early, eat, sit in class and learn a ton, then eat and sit in class for a while longer and learn even more about everything and anything; eat some more, go to the gym, read the scriptures, eat our snacks that we have gotten in packages in the residence, then go to bed! Very repetitive but so, so worth it! My brain has never been so full of so much. Speaking of snacks at my residence.... THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGES!! I guess the MTC got 1000 Easter packages on the Friday before Easter, they said it was even busier than Christmas. But thank you, thank you! They mean so much. Spanish is coming along very nicely, our district is trying really hard to speak it todo el dia, cada dia. It must be working since as my roommates say that I sleep talk in Spanish now... I can't believe Conference is this weekend! It is unreal to think that at this time leading into Conference weekend in the Fall I had no idea that I would be going on a Mission so soon, and now, six months later, here I am! I am so thankful for this incredible opportunity, and I am so grateful for all of the love and support!
Se que la iglesia es verdadera. los profetas son llamando de Dios. Familias son por eternidad! Reemplaze miedo con fe. Trust in the Lord and take courage in all you do.
Te quiero,
Hermana Draper

P.S.  DEAR ELDER, COM IS FREE TO SEND LETTERS THROUGH. I KNOW YOU ARE ALL ON COMPUTERS ALL DAY EVERY DAY ANYWAY. ;) jk. But just thought I would let you know you don't even have to spend money on stamps… but hand written letters (or postcards ;)) are also very much appreciated! Mail is just fun.

P.P.S  I love life. I love you. Vida es muy bonita. Keep up being so amazing. I love you all very, very much and I don't know what on earth I would do without you!!






SHOUT OUT TO SCOTT AND LAURA FOR SENDING THE "JAY Z EASTER" GLASSES! I made my comp do a duck face. She was very resistant... so that was just to show Scottie and Laura that they were much appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment