Tuesday, April 30, 2013

LAST P-DAY IN THE MTC!

 18 April 2013
(A note from Dad: I was traveling so this letter is being posted a week late. The current letter will be posted shortly.)

 THE BRIGHTON HIGH MTC GROUP

  • THE LAST PDAY! {until the real p-day's begin...}‏
Pues... HOLA FAMILIA!
Que pasa? Tengo mucho gozo en mi alma hoy! (never gets old..) Well I really can't believe this is my last p-day en la CCM. I feel so prepared and so unready all at the same time. But, as in the words of Nephi... "Nevertheless I [go] forth". Our whole district is leaving on Monday... except for the Texans who aren't leaving until Wednesday! It is just crazy to think that I will be out teaching real life people in just a few days.
Yesterday my companion and I had our last "progressing investigator" lesson together and it was so sad! It went so well, but I am going to miss having lessons with her!
Pues... this week was really something incredible. To answer your question Scott, we have officially had one of the twelve apostles come and speak for a devotional! Elder Richard G. Scott spoke on Tuesday and it was incredible. Most of the talk he talked about prayer and receiving personal revelation through prayer. The thing that I loved is he said what you often say, Mom, but make a decision. Then you will have 1 of 3 reactions... 1- YES: with out a doubt you will know it is the right decision. or 2- NO: stupor of thought.. just an uneasiness about it. or 3- (which we usually don't acknowledge) and that's when we don't receive an answer. Sometimes we have to assume responsibility, and act in faith. It was just interesting to think about. Another thing was that we shouldn't complain when we are going through trials. Just like everything, it is all about perspective. We should be grateful for trials, and ask the Lord what it is that we are supposed to learn from our trial, because it is always designed to strengthen us and our faith. And the last thing is he said "He will fit the task to your capabilities". Remember that God knows you perfectly and He knows exactly what you are capable of. He will never give you a challenge that you can't achieve because "God didn't send us here to fail". It reminded me of Relief Society where Mary Edmunds spoke and she said "all you can do is the best you can do"… and that is perfect!
Pues... the MTC has been awesome. Thank you all so so much for everything! These past two days I got especially lucky because I just "coincidentally" ran into Gainell. And then, this morning at the temple I "coincidentally" ran into Gma and Gpa! Tender mercies when the going gets tough. I love you all so so much. Off I go into the wild blue yonder, para siempre Dios este con Vos. Reemplaze con fe. Trust in the Lord and take courage in all that you do. La iglesia es verdadera. Rememeber who you are and all that you stand for!
TE QUIERO, HERMANA DRAPER



Sami's "CUTE" little bed

No comments:

Post a Comment